Total weight gain: ≈ 17 lbs
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Same as last week, it's harder to fall asleep and get comfy than it used to be.
Best moment this week: Hmm..this week was pretty uneventful. We had our prenatal appointment on Wednesday and everything is looking good! I asked the midwife if she could feel if he was head down or not and she helped us to feel around using different techniques. She guessed that he was probably head down, but it didn't seem like a sure thing. She was able to find his heart beat immediately based on his position and it sounds great! I also have been feeling super giant lately so I wondered if she could guess his size, but she said any guesses would be pretty unreliable. Based off of my size at birth and my frame now, she thinks he will probably be around 7.5 lbs...we shall see! I visited Tammy and Noel after our appointment and scored another bag of super adorable baby clothes. His closet is FULL!!!!! Poor hubby got very sick on Thursday so we had a low key week/weekend. Today we were supposed to go to Matthew's third birthday party, but he woke up with an even worse sounding cough this morning. I was supposed to be having a couple girlfriends from school over for dinner while James played basketball but we're thinking he may just have to stay in bed. He never gets sick so it's really bumming him out that he has been down for the count the last four days. I am still trying to avoid my third round of this thing and only have mild symptoms of congestion so far.
Best moment this week: Hmm..this week was pretty uneventful. We had our prenatal appointment on Wednesday and everything is looking good! I asked the midwife if she could feel if he was head down or not and she helped us to feel around using different techniques. She guessed that he was probably head down, but it didn't seem like a sure thing. She was able to find his heart beat immediately based on his position and it sounds great! I also have been feeling super giant lately so I wondered if she could guess his size, but she said any guesses would be pretty unreliable. Based off of my size at birth and my frame now, she thinks he will probably be around 7.5 lbs...we shall see! I visited Tammy and Noel after our appointment and scored another bag of super adorable baby clothes. His closet is FULL!!!!! Poor hubby got very sick on Thursday so we had a low key week/weekend. Today we were supposed to go to Matthew's third birthday party, but he woke up with an even worse sounding cough this morning. I was supposed to be having a couple girlfriends from school over for dinner while James played basketball but we're thinking he may just have to stay in bed. He never gets sick so it's really bumming him out that he has been down for the count the last four days. I am still trying to avoid my third round of this thing and only have mild symptoms of congestion so far.
Miss anything? Being able to move around with ease. It's getting harder to get up from sitting on the floor and I feel like I am running out of room! Baby is very low and very heavy on my bladder and pelvic bone!
Movement:Yes, although they are less rapid lately. I think he is just running out of room. Some of his movements are very, very strong and it's becoming more obvious on the outside when he moves. It used to be that my belly would only poke out during some of his movements but it seems like every little move he makes these days makes my tummy move too! It's constantly going back and forth, side to side. It's very funny to see your stomach do this on its own...sort of bizarre!
Anything making you queasy or sick: No...well when I eat too much, which happens often because I forget how little room I have in there (or I ignore it)!
Anything making you queasy or sick: No...well when I eat too much, which happens often because I forget how little room I have in there (or I ignore it)!
Showing? Yes!
Gender: Sweet little guy!
Labor signs: No
Symptoms: Some back pain, pelvic pains, LOTS of pee breaks, and difficulty sleeping, but still can't complain too much--it's going pretty well!
Labor signs: No
Symptoms: Some back pain, pelvic pains, LOTS of pee breaks, and difficulty sleeping, but still can't complain too much--it's going pretty well!
Belly button in or out? O-U-T
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: Meh....off and on.
Happy or moody most of the time: Meh....off and on.
Looking forward to: Getting our maternity photos back from Sandy, not sure when we will get them but I can't wait to see! Also, getting really excited for the baby shower coming up on the 9th!
Baby’s size:A durian!? Look it up! These fruits are becoming more and more obscure! Lately I find myself wondering what our baby boy will look like. As he grows, we can really feel him in my belly, and it's weird feeling the outline of what feels like a head, shoulders, feet, etc. Also, when I bend over or sit in certain positions he gets squished and has to move around, so suddenly my belly will become all deformed and I will have a big lump in the middle or the side of my bump. It makes him feel so much more "real" and it's hard to imagine that he can get any bigger in there!! I can't wait to meet him!! 7 weeks alternately feels like an eternity and the blink of an eye. Time always goes by too fast, and part of me is scared for it to come too quickly because I don't want him to grow up so quickly. I know, not even born yet and I am worried about him getting older! When I was hanging his little clothes up this week I was picturing him in his tiny little outfits and getting so excited; I hope he can wear some of his newborn sized onesies--they are so adorable!
![]() |
| Sleeping Baby Ashley |
![]() |
| Sleeping Baby James |





No comments:
Post a Comment