(Daddy's chalk art was a bit faint so I had to add the weeks in post-production!)
How far along? 21 weeks!!
Total weight gain: ≈ 8
lbs!
Maternity clothes? Yes! I bought a tank top and a sweater at Old Navy this week because they sent me a 20% off coupon! I was hoping to get one more pair of jeans but they had limited options...looks like one pair of skinnys and my maxi skirts will be my new Fall/Winter/Spring wardrobe!
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Pretty good
Best moment this week: Still loving feeling baby move! I actually saw my belly move from the outside today!! I was sitting on our balcony studying for my psychopharm midterm (blah) and I looked down at my belly and could SEE him kicking or punching me (lovingly, of course)! Also, on Tuesday I had a wonderful girls night with Grandma Lind and she offered to host our baby shower!! I am so excited! She has a GORGEOUS home and is a fabulous host!
Best moment this week: Still loving feeling baby move! I actually saw my belly move from the outside today!! I was sitting on our balcony studying for my psychopharm midterm (blah) and I looked down at my belly and could SEE him kicking or punching me (lovingly, of course)! Also, on Tuesday I had a wonderful girls night with Grandma Lind and she offered to host our baby shower!! I am so excited! She has a GORGEOUS home and is a fabulous host!
Miss anything? The energy & stamina to do my workouts! Everything is so much harder!
Movement: YES!!
Food cravings: Chocolate! Can I really blame this on pregnancy? No...but I am definitely still on my homemade candy kick. I really need an intervention. We are going to juice tonight to try to off-set my indulgences! I feel extra guilty anytime I eat junk food because I read that baby is now swallowing and tasting amniotic fluid and whatever I eat he will develop a taste for! I hope he remembers the kale more than the peanut butter cups!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really, sometimes my stomach feels VERY full and that makes me feel sick. I think it depends on baby's position.
Food cravings: Chocolate! Can I really blame this on pregnancy? No...but I am definitely still on my homemade candy kick. I really need an intervention. We are going to juice tonight to try to off-set my indulgences! I feel extra guilty anytime I eat junk food because I read that baby is now swallowing and tasting amniotic fluid and whatever I eat he will develop a taste for! I hope he remembers the kale more than the peanut butter cups!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really, sometimes my stomach feels VERY full and that makes me feel sick. I think it depends on baby's position.
Showing? YES, seriously this bump gets bigger by the day, and judging by my weight I'd say I have had a bit of a growth spurt!
Gender: Baby boy!!
Labor signs: No
Symptoms: Abdominal/ligament pain, ITCHY skin, easily winded, full belly!
Labor signs: No
Symptoms: Abdominal/ligament pain, ITCHY skin, easily winded, full belly!
Belly button in or out? It's an inny-outty
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: Mostly happy, perhaps a bit sensitive! School is getting a bit more stressful these days with lots of exams, papers, and presentations so I am going to go ahead and blame any moodiness or bad behavior on that! :)
Happy or moody most of the time: Mostly happy, perhaps a bit sensitive! School is getting a bit more stressful these days with lots of exams, papers, and presentations so I am going to go ahead and blame any moodiness or bad behavior on that! :)
Looking forward to: Our next prenatal visit on November 6th to go over the anatomy scan with our midwife. Also, my bestie Gen said that her brother and sister-in-law have some hand-me-down baby boy clothes for us (score!), so I can't wait to see them!
Baby’s size: Pomegranate!Halloween was pretty low key. We celebrated with Anthony, Maggie & Anabelle by going to a downtown "kids block party" and checking out all of the cute little costumes and games. Thankfully, now that one of us actually has a child we don't seem so strange at these events. I really wanted to pass out candy, but alas, there was not a trick-or-treater in site around our condo. I've already traded in my Halloween decor for some holiday-neutral Fall decorations and am starting to get super excited for Christmas! I made our Native Foods Thanksgiving reservations just as soon as they would let me and am already drooling just thinking about it. I love this time of year!!!
Baby's crib will just be in our room so we don't have a nursery "theme" per say, but I have picked out my colors. Baby's "corner" will be neutral (tan/cream/mocha) and a vintage-y greenish-blue (like seafoam/sage but these colors never look the same on any website or fabric). I cannot wait to see the blanket my mama is making with these colors!!
I have been scoring most of our baby gear second-hand, but I found a mobile that I am absolutely in love with that I am hoping to convince hubby to let me splurge on (hint, hint hubs!!). It is from restoration hardware and it is SO stinkin' cute (pic below)! Our crib is in our garage waiting to be assembled and it has been VERY hard for me to wait. I want to wash and hang all of baby's clothes and have his little area all set up for him, but my more rational half is insisting we wait! After endless research and hours spent online, I think I have my registry pretty much finished! It's pretty crazy how much stuff one little baby "needs." I am trying not to get sucked into the consumerism trap with the baby gear so I have done a lot of blog-reading to see what other mamas found to "absolutely essential!"Anyway, I guess we will wait until closer to the shower to set up the crib and clear out the front closet, but I definitely want to do it before baby stuff begins taking over our condo! I need to focus on finishing my thesis and remember that I have a couple months to nest AFTER I graduate...hard to get my priorities straight, baby is so much more fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment