For a banana, our SON sure is fidgety! (Sorry, still enjoying the fun gender-specific nouns!)
The little man has been a-movin' and a-shakin' quite a bit this last week! Really excited to know that he's only going to get busier and stronger. It's such an unreal experience to know that our child is growing in Ashley's belly. We talked earlier this week about how 'normal' it seemed when we found out others were pregnant... it is how babies are made after all. But once you're the one experiencing it, it is so surreal - awesome has begun to be the most accurate descriptor. I still find myself staring at her ever-growing tummy and giggling like a little kid on the playground. I'm so overwhelmed by the miraculous gift God has given us.
We're both making efforts to enjoy each day as it comes; we're both A-types, so our natural inclination is to plan and prepare. In our defense though, it is really difficult to not want him to be here already.
Highlight of the week for me was leaning over to kiss my lovely lady goodbye as I headed for work and laying my hand on our boy to say a little prayer, and wouldn't you know it, I got a big ol' kick! What an awe-inspiring and amazing way to start my day. Was tough to leave...
Had another fun surprise this week - my mom (though she still denies it was her) stopped by my work today and vandalized my car:
The driver's side window was also tagged in big blue letters "DADDY-O". I've had a bit of a leadfoot and a propensity to drive a little aggressive... this has dramatically reduced that urge; consequently, it has also led to a lot of funny looks from passersby.
We capitalized on our free Friday night by taking baby on a date night with us - Native Foods (yum) and Despicable Me 2 (for baby of course). Fun!
Chores on Saturday: recaulking the bathtub, cleaning our neglected patio and porch, sweeping and vacuuming - OH and we picked up the "Exersaucer" Ash had her eye on from someone who was selling it in Rancho Santa Margarita (future home location?).
Sunday: a lovely hike on our local hill and FOOTBALL (for baby of course). We also pulled out our garaged yoga ball so Ashley can start doing some exercises which are supposed to make labor easier. *Fingers crossed*
Here is Ashley's Pregnancy Photo & Update....
How far along? 20 weeks!! Halfway there!!!!
Total weight gain: ≈ 6.8
lbs
Maternity clothes? Yes I wore my new
Jessica Simpson maternity jeans on Friday and they were super comfy! My
wardrobe is getting smaller by the day, wearing a lot of maxi skirts!
Stretch marks? No
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Sleeping well in between potty breaks!
Best moment this week: Feeling baby move! His moves are so distinctive now and I get lots of little kicks! I love that James can feel him too! On Friday I was so worried because he hadn't been moving throughout the day but around 1 am he started dancing and I had one of those moments where your heart is just so full that you can physically feel it in your chest...a feeling of overwhelming happiness that is almost painful because you know that kind of state can't last. Baby boy gives me lots of these moments lately, it's so crazy how much I already love him! We have quite the baby gear collection now! In addition to our thrift store/craigslist finds, baby is already getting spoiled by family members! Midweek I got a surprise pottery barn diaper bag and plush elephant from my sister, and a couple days later Grandma Bev dropped off a sweet-sleep-sheep from our registry (see pic below!) My mama is making baby a blanket and I got to pick out the fabrics this week! I LOVE handmade items and cannot wait to see it!!
Best moment this week: Feeling baby move! His moves are so distinctive now and I get lots of little kicks! I love that James can feel him too! On Friday I was so worried because he hadn't been moving throughout the day but around 1 am he started dancing and I had one of those moments where your heart is just so full that you can physically feel it in your chest...a feeling of overwhelming happiness that is almost painful because you know that kind of state can't last. Baby boy gives me lots of these moments lately, it's so crazy how much I already love him! We have quite the baby gear collection now! In addition to our thrift store/craigslist finds, baby is already getting spoiled by family members! Midweek I got a surprise pottery barn diaper bag and plush elephant from my sister, and a couple days later Grandma Bev dropped off a sweet-sleep-sheep from our registry (see pic below!) My mama is making baby a blanket and I got to pick out the fabrics this week! I LOVE handmade items and cannot wait to see it!!
Miss anything? Mmm, I guess having more clothing options!
Movement: YES!!
Food cravings: Nothing too crazy this week
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really....Although yesterday James and I did a deep clean of our house, and even though I just used vinegar and other natural cleaning products, I think the fumes and the movement got to me because I felt really nauseous and dizzy afterward.
Food cravings: Nothing too crazy this week
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really....Although yesterday James and I did a deep clean of our house, and even though I just used vinegar and other natural cleaning products, I think the fumes and the movement got to me because I felt really nauseous and dizzy afterward.
Showing? Oh yeah!
Gender: Baby boy!!
Labor signs: No
Symptoms: Same kind of abdominal/ligament pain, easily winded!
Belly button in or out? My inny is hanging on by a thread...it'll be a full on outty any day now!
Labor signs: No
Symptoms: Same kind of abdominal/ligament pain, easily winded!
Belly button in or out? My inny is hanging on by a thread...it'll be a full on outty any day now!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Our next prenatal visit on November 6th to go over the anatomy scan with our midwife.
Baby’s size: Banana!!Happy or moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Our next prenatal visit on November 6th to go over the anatomy scan with our midwife.
![]() |
| Diaper Bag & Plushie! |
![]() | |
| Sleep Sheep from Grandma Bev & Grandma Lind sent a picture of this adorable firetruck outfit she bought him! |




No comments:
Post a Comment