Sunday, November 10, 2013

Mr. Spaghetti Squash

So our little man has been busy growing in mommy's tummy! Seems like just yesterday he was a grape, and now look at him!!
Quite the growth spurt he's been on. And man oh man has he been squirmy! Supposedly he's sleeping 12-14 hours a day, but if that's true, he's a tosser and a turner. He's getting stronger and stronger every day and it's awesome to feel him moving. Every night after dinner mommy and I sit on the couch and just wait to feel him move.
As it becomes more and more real for us, I'm blown away at how strong, patient, loving and self-sacrificial my mom is and was. I can't even imagine having to experience something so exciting and scary as this "alone"... I've long admired her strength, but being in the midst of this has given me a new lens with which to appreciate her. She'll also be happy to know that I have yet to remove the "It's a boy" / "DaddyO" graffiti she left on my car (good excuse to not wash my ride).

We had quite the exciting week, as Wednesday we headed back in to visit our midwife and check the results of our ultrasound. Everything looks great and baby is right on track.
Took a little longer than usual to find baby's heartbeat, but that's just because he's SO busy in there. Tumbling and tumbling, squirming and squirming! Here's the video:


The lady had a bit of a close call while driving back from the store this week. Some knuckle head not paying attention ran his light and came within inches of hitting Ashley. Slammed brakes and a raised heart rate got baby moving around a bit, but everyone and everything is JUST fine. Told her I would be chauffeuring her or driving for her from now on, but then Friday night on our way to a lovely date night the same thing almost happened AGAIN when some crazy lady thought it was her turn to turn into a drive way, RIGHT in front of us!! Get with the program people, we've got a baby on board!!!!

That reminds me. Friday night was a wonderful impromptu date night. My lady got all dolled up to come to the 3 year anniversary celebration for one of my clients. When she arrived, the event was already winding down. So, we decided after making a round and saying hello to everyone to head out to Fashion Island for a nice dinner. We walked around the mall for a bit... checked out some nostalgic baby books in Barnes & Nobles (Golden Books, Dr. Seuss, Shel Silverstein, etc.), and after making our way to True Foods we realized that they really didn't have much for us vegan folk anymore. So off to Benihana in Newport we went. It ended up being a lovely, romantic meal. <3

We also scored again this week when Grandma Bev and Auntie Cori dropped off some cool socks for our little man when he gets a little bigger. Monster socks and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle socks to be exact.


Tis the season... almost. We picked up our first Christmas tree Sunday which will be raised the day after Thanksgiving!!! That's our new tradition from now on (I was informed by Ashley today).

Oh. Confession time. And I broke the middle mirror of our 3 panel mirror bathroom vanity cabinet. Another unexpected daddy project! We headed to Home Depot this weekend to check for a replacement mirror and came close to getting kicked out for dancing in the mirrors in the mirror aisle. That's it for dad!

Here is Ashley's 22 week bump photo & update:

How far along? 22 weeks!!
Total weight gain:  10.6  lbs! Eek!
Maternity clothes? Yup, and big stretchy versions of my "normal" clothes!
Stretch marks? No 
Sleep: Good
Best moment this week: Hearing that everything was good with baby at our pre-natal appointment. Our midwife went over the anatomy scan with us and we got to hear little guy's heartbeat (...eventually, he was moving so much that it was hard for her to find it. All we could hear at first were the woosh woosh sounds of him doing gymnastics in there!) After our appointment I headed over to Children's Orchard and used a coupon they had sent me to get 8 pairs of cute little pants for $3!! Hubby and I had a fun date night on Friday! Dressing up while pregnant is very interesting...I had ONE dress that fit over my bump and my tolerance for stilettos has significantly decreased!
Miss anything? Not gaining weight at the speed of lightning! It's fine....just alarming! Gaining 2.6 lbs in a week is pretty bizarre, but I haven't done anything differently so I'm not sure if it's just a growth spurt with baby or what. Also, still missing the ease of non-pregnant movement. I feel so silly when I am winded after climbing the stairs to our condo!
Movement: Yes!! So fun!
Food cravings:
No really big (or weird) cravings, pretty much back to my normal eating style. I had been craving Benihana vegetable sushi rolls and we went there for a date night on Friday! So yum!
Anything making you queasy or sick:
Nope!
Showing? Oh yeah! It's crazy how much this bump is growing every day, I feel like I am 30 weeks not 22!
Gender: Baby boy!!
Labor signs:  No
Symptoms:
Same as last week....abdominal/ligament pain, itchy skin, easily winded, full belly!
Belly button in or out? Kind of in a weird halfway stage....but pretty much out!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time:
Happy!
Looking forward to: Meeting up with Gen for a girl's day this week & Thanksgiving at Native Foods (okay so I have a couple more weeks to wait for that one!)
Baby’s size: Spaghetti squash (or papaya)!


No comments:

Post a Comment