Sunday, November 17, 2013

23 Week Bump!



How far along? 23 weeks!!
Total weight gain:  ≈12 lbs
Maternity clothes? Yup, and big stretchy versions of my "normal" clothes!
Stretch marks? No 
Sleep: Good...I must wake up about 15 times every night to pee but, thankfully,  I have been able to fall right back to sleep!
Best moment this week: Meeting up with my bestie & her mama! She lives in Redlands so I don't get to see her very often but we met up and walked around the shops and went to Panera for lunch. They also brought me BAGS of hand-me-down baby boy clothes and a super cool play mat! Their family is so generous and we are so grateful! <3 Also, I had a lot of fun shopping with hubby this Friday. We went to Children's Orchard because they were having a 99 cent sale for "new" clothes that had not yet been on the floor for regular sale. Even though we had to fight rush hour traffic to get there, we had so much fun digging through the bins of little clothes and it was cute to see which outfits James picked out. At one point I showed him a cute little elephant onesie that was size 6 months and he said, "when he gets older I want him to wear cool stuff."Since when is 6 months older? LOL. He is trying to age my sweet little baby already! I of course want him in cutesy little baby clothes as long as possible. James and I totally scored and found 25 very cute items. All of them were only a buck each! We are pretty much set as far as baby clothes go now. We will probably end up buying a few more  pieces along the way, but we have a good amount of baby clothes to start us out! Check out my inventory list (and pictures) below.
Miss anything? More clothing options! Getting sick of those darn maxi skirts ;)
Movement: Oh yeah, and still loving every minute of it!
Food cravings:
No, although after Friday's shopping adventure we were too hungry to cook something at home so we stopped at a Chinese vegan restaurant and indulged in some takeout-style food. It wasn't really up my alley and I felt guilty and sick after eating fried food. I rarely ever eat anything fried so I had to make up for it by juicing when we got home (and then I promised baby I would eat healthy from now on!) P.S. Chocolate has antioxidants, so technically, it IS healthy.
Anything making you queasy or sick:
Nope, feeling pretty good.
Showing? YES! Lately I like to sing James slightly remixed versions of "old classics" including...."I like big bumps and I cannot lie" and Fergie's "My bump, my bump, my bump, my bump...my lovely baby bump. Check it out!" all while doing a very silly sexy dance! ;)
Gender: Baby boy!!
Labor signs:  No
Symptoms:
Nothing new this week.
Belly button in or out? I'd say it's officially a true "button"
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time:
Happy!
Looking forward to: Thanksgiving!
Baby’s size: Grapefruit! Again, isn't a spaghetti squash definitely bigger than a grapefruit?!?

Look at all of these clothes!!! 
James and I decided to take an inventory of the clothes we had so we could make sure we didn't end up with too many in one size. I'm not sure how many clothing options babies need, but I think we are almost set for clothes and will just pick up a few more basic bits and pieces along the way.
Baby Gear Inventory:
Shoes: 4 sneakers, 1 pair of sandals, 1 pair of loafers

Newborn clothes:
Short sleeve onsies: 1
Long sleeve onsies: 2
Sleep gowns: 2
Cozy long pants: 1

0-3 Months:
Short sleeve onsies: 1
Long sleeve onsies:1
Long Sleeve onsie with pants: 1
Cozy long pants: 3

3 Months:
Short Sleeve onsies: 3
Long Sleeve onsies: 3
Long Sleeve onsie with pants: 3
Long Sleeve plaid shirt: 1
Cozy Long pants:6
Long plaid pants: 1
Cotton Zippy Jackets: 4

3-6 Months:
Short Sleeve onsies: 3
Long Sleeve onsies:2
Long Sleeve onsie with pants: 3
Plaid shorts: 1
Cozy Long pants:3
Cotton Zippy Jackets:3
Overalls:1

6 Months:
Short Sleeve onsies: 2
Long Sleeve onsies: 2
Long Sleeve onsie with pants: 3
Long Sleeve plaid shirt: 1
Cozy Long pants: 1
Long Khaki Pants: 1

6-9 Months:
Short Sleeve onsies: 1
Plaid Shorts: 1

9 Months:
Short sleeve onsies: 5
Long Sleeve onsie with pants: 1
Cozy Shorts: 1

12 mos-2T: This is where we decided to stop taking inventory, but we now have a good amount of clothes in these sizes too!!! 

We are also making progress in terms of baby items we already have: crib, bouncer, exersaucer, ergo, and a rocking chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment