Monday, September 2, 2013

12 weeks and counting....

12 weeks! Almost to the end of my first trimester....hoorah!! It has been so incredibly hot this weekend so James and I attempted to beat the heat by finding air conditioned places to walk around (aka shopping!!!) We went to Babies R Us and I had an identity crisis over my previously chosen theme. Yes, we already had a theme. It's so fun to see all the little baby items in person; thankfully James was there to act as a voice of reason -- I was very tempted to begin buying lots and lots of baby gear!

We just took our 12 week photo, and I feel like I definitely have a little baby bump already. I have been walking around rubbing it like a Buddha all weekend. :) We got to spend some time with Granny Bev this weekend and she generously gifted us with the money to buy our crib! I am so excited about this crib! After some digging online I finally found a crib with a non-toxic finish that is solid pine without pressed board (which contains formaldehyde!) It is a 4-in-1 so it will grow with baby up to a full size bed and it is a LOT cheaper than most non-toxic, solid cribs! The only downside is that the solid pine model only comes in cherry (rather than espresso), but I think safety is more important than appearance!




And here is a picture of daddy-o stickin' out his belly to look like mommy!

We were so excited that we kind of rushed to take our first baby belly pics without planning how we wanted to do them, so I have been trying to find a way to spruce them up...here is what I came up with:








I think it looks much better in front of a white wall, but not a bad "after" fix! I bought a cute little chalkboard that matches our house that I experimented with for our 12 week shot.

1 comment:

  1. oh thats not an intentionally belly push! He may try to make you believe it is, BUT I am here to tell you that he too will gain 'sympathy' weight/belly!!!! lol - keep the dual pics coming! xoxo

    ReplyDelete