I am so excited!! We just went to a consultation at a birthing center and we absolutely fell in love with the facility and the staff. We scheduled our first appointment, which is a huge relief as I have been feeling anxious about not having had any prenatal care. They have two birthing rooms at the birthing center. The main room is absolutely beautiful with a huge birthing tub and bed. The second room is also nice but comes with a portable birthing tub rather than a built in one (apparently they don't use this room as much but they have been getting busier so the chance of two mommies going into labor at once is higher). All things going well, we hope to do a water birth in the large tub. Obviously if there are any major complications we will have to do a more traditional birth, but I am really excited to be on this path. All of their values and beliefs regarding child birth were right on par with ours and they were so patient and willing to answer any and all questions that we had. I also love that you get half hour appointments with your midwife at each visit to ask questions/discuss concerns. They explained their philosophy on not cutting the cord right away and letting mommy and baby bond for several hours. It was just wonderful! We are still waiting to hear back on some insurance options but we feel pretty confident that we will figure something out. I am getting more and more excited each day and this really took a huge weight off my shoulders. I could tell that both James and I both felt really at ease and excited before we left the facility and talked about it and it makes me feel good to know we both felt so sure about this decision.
School started Monday, and as I predicted, I am finding it impossible to concentrate. During my first lecture I found myself repeatedly zoning out (thinking about baby-related topics, of course!) and having to force myself to listen to my professor! Hopefully I can get my butt back in gear and finish my last semester! Speaking of class, that is where I am off to now....our first appointment is on September 12th!
xo
Awesome! Congratulations:)
ReplyDelete