Tuesday, September 24, 2013

15 week update!

Daddy decorated the chalkboard this week, and he did such a good job that he put Mommy's boards to shame...

How far along? 15 weeks
Total weight gain: 1.8 lbs (although it seems to be a bit different every morning and who knows if this scale is right!)
Maternity clothes?
About ready to start shopping for some stretchy-top skinny jeans!
Stretch marks? Slathering, hoping, and praying that they stay away!
Sleep: Getting up to pee about 7,000 times per night....
Best moment this week: Lots of good moments this week! Hubby surprising me with a Halloween decoration, decorating our home for one of my favorite holidays, finding a Ergo baby carrier for $50 on craigslist (woo hoo!), spending time with baby Anabelle, picking up our crib (not the actual picking up part, that turned out to be a pain, but knowing that we have it now), and my friend Lindsey offering to send us items her baby has outgrown (8 thirsties diaper covers and bottles!!)
Miss anything? Today we walked into Starbucks and I missed my trenta iced coffee and pumpkin scones (although I can't blame the scones on baby, I had to give those up awhile ago).
Movement: Not yet, can't wait to feel baby movin' and groovin'!
Food cravings:
Lots of random cravings this week. I made grilled cheese (vegan version) with tomato and avocado with a side of tomato soup earlier this week and I was in heaven! I seem to be much more flexible with my "healthy eating" standards now that I am pregnant...woops!
Anything making you queasy or sick:
My nausea has gotten much better this week, thank goodness! I get waves of it sometimes at night or first thing in the morning but it is pretty brief/mild now. Still feeling very sensitive to smells (I'm looking at you hubby!)
Showing? My belly is definitely stickin' out! I continue to catch James staring at it and chuckling...A classmate who didn't know I was pregnant saw me with my hand on my belly tonight and gasped in recognition -- then she stopped herself because she was afraid maybe I wasn't pregnant and had just gained weight, lol. My first "stranger" bump notice! I made her squirm for just a minute before I told her that I was actually pregnant. :)
Gender: Still up in the air...other people have very strong opinions about what they think it is, but I am still unsure.
Labor signs:  No
Symptoms:
Emotional/irritable, itchy back (stretching skin?), still extra sleepy, and apparently -- a serious pinterest addiction.
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time:
I'd still say 50/50, but I am pretty sensitive these days and have had a few "snappy" moments.
Looking forward to: 20 weeks so we can find out the gender!! Also, I'm looking forward to our next prental visit, which I had to reschedule for the 9th. No word yet on my blood work, so I am anxious to hear the results.
Baby’s fruit size: A navel orange (or an Apple, depending on which book or blog you believe!)

Last Friday we had one day of chilly weather and I got so excited for Fall that I decorated our house for Halloween (one of my favorite holidays!!) I raided the dollar store for decorations and then hubby came home with my awesome surprise (third picture below!)




See the cute little scarecrow in our plant and the stickers on the window (next to the ugly stickers I cannot get off)?!? I can't wait to add pumpkins to the mix!!









I lined our stairway with glittery orange and black bows!



And my favorite decoration of all -- my awesome rustic pumpkin from TJ Maxx! Hubby has seen me drool over the Halloween decorations there for a month now so he decided to surprise me with this as one of my presents for our upcoming 3rd wedding anniversary....lucky for me he couldn't wait until then to hand it over!

No comments:

Post a Comment