Happy Birthday Sweet Baby girl! This has been, by far, the fastest year of my entire life. I feel like I just had you and a blink later you are turning one year old. I have loved every minute of getting to know you and watching your personality emerge. You absolutely light up our word, and I feel so lucky to be your mama. You are spunky, funny, smart, sweet, sassy, persistent, determined, goofy, musical, flirty, and as cute as can be. I love cuddling with you on my chest in the morning an getting your giant, sloppy-wet kisses. I love the way you pounce on us and want to wrestle "daddy calls it Zombie Baby!" You love to laugh and play and make us laugh with your silliness. You babble and talk to us all day long, and love to dance and sing to any music that comes on (at any moment too!). You love your big brother with a fierce passion despite the many times he has knocked you over or taken thing from your hands (sorry about that!). When you see him your entire face lights up! I love to watch you play as you completely immerse yourself in it already. You are so smart! I love watching you pretend to cut your hair with the playdoh scissors, wash the floor with baby wipes, stack and knock down blocks, play with the pretend kitchen and food, climb in the mini chair and bounce, "jump" on the trampoline with such joy and excitement, and find every little crumb ever left on the floor and insist on eating it. You are so happy and joyful but if we try and take something you want or stop you from doing something you are determined to do, boy do you let us have it! You have a big voice and and even bigger persistence! You also have a sweet, sensitive side and you seem truly devastated when we calmly say "Maddy I can't let you do that." Like we deeply hurt your feelings. It just melts my heart, I see myself in you in those moments. Perhaps you got your mama's deeply feeling, empathic heart. I want to keep you my little baby girl forever an yet I am so excited to see who you become. I have loved having a daughter and am truly enjoying our special bond and connection. My goal as your mama will be to create a bond and connection so strong that you will come to me for anything and everything and trust that I will understand you and have your back. I didn't have that person to go to growing up and I am determined that you will. I love to dress you up in adorable headbands, outfits, and moccasins! You give the best, giant gummy smiles and you still only have two "official" teeth on the bottom. You seem to like to get your teeth in twos though, because now the top two are preparing to poke through any day. You love to chat on the phone already and say "HI!" as loud as you can while giggling. Today I had my eyes off of you for two seconds and I heard you squealing and giggling, I turned the corner and saw you standing on top of one of the new chairs nana got you for your birthday just as thrilled as can be with yourself. You are brave and love to climb on anything you can find. It is such a joy to witness you growing and learning new things. I want to wrap you in my arms and keep you right at this size and age forever sometimes, but since I know that is not possible, here is to many more beautiful years and joy-filled birthdays with our special Maddy cakes.
I love you!
Love,
Mama

No comments:
Post a Comment